PDA

Visualizza Versione Completa : Ciao, everybody!

mihaig
25-10-2016, 01:44
Hi,

I am Mihai, and I moved here recently from US. Hopefully I will be able to communicate with some of the forum's members :shock:

About me: I am a web developer, I love roller coaster and I am spending most of my nights between work (I am still working for US...) and my biggest passion, looking through a telescope.

My equipment now is a 8'' Newtonian f/5 on a HEQ5 mount and pretty soon (if UPS is moving fast enough...) I will be the proud owner of a ES ED102CF.

If I will be able to find dark sites around me (Pontedera), I will be happy as a clam in Italy.

Giuseppe Petricca
25-10-2016, 02:02
Welcome aboard then ;)

As a fellow it's a pleasure to have another American here on the forum, and a fellow user of the great 8" Newt!

Your location is nice as a starting point, I studied in Pisa for years prior to my moving abroad. You can go up to the hills near the city, or reach the Thyrrenian Sea if you have observations planned for the western horizon. The hills towards Livorno and Grosseto/Siena will offer plenty of dark skies too.

See you around!

Red Hanuman
25-10-2016, 06:07
Welcome! ;)
We'll surely have a good conversations here... If you don't mind the quality of my english.. :biggrin:

Angeloma
25-10-2016, 06:36
Hi there, welcome! :)
Please, follow this link to discover a fine place for amateur and professional astronomers, not far away from Pontedera:
http://www.astronomicalcentre.org/?lang=en

etruscastro
25-10-2016, 07:13
un piccolo sforzo di scrivere in italiano in un forum italiano no?

io il benvenuto te lo faccio nella mia lingua, che è anche bella da sentire e da scrivere! ;)

PHIL53
25-10-2016, 07:33
Ciao Mihai, and welcome aboard !

My friend etruscastro is kindly suggesting you make an effort and, whatever your level, you try and write something in Italian (after all, you do have to start somewhere !) ;)

mihaig
25-10-2016, 11:21
Ciao Mihai, and welcome aboard !

My friend etruscastro is kindly suggesting you make an effort and, whatever your level, you try and write something in Italian (after all, you do have to start somewhere !) ;)

Hi,

Thank you for the kind welcome. I am very new to Italy and, wile I understand much of the language I am far away from even a bad way of expressing my thoughts in this beautiful language. I am taking a course starting November and I hope to be able to communicate in Italian very soon. I hope I have not offended anyone by writing in English here...

Also I would like to thank for all the dark sky advices.

Mihai